Trinity Lutheran Church was founded in 1937 as a mission plant of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod.
From the beginning, the mission of the congregation has been to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the people of Farmington. The congregation quickly took shape. In May of 1937, they began gathering together weekly to receive the Word and the Sacrament ministry of the church.
As the congregation grew, they built their first building (dedicated in May of 1939) at the corner of 6th and Walnut St. in Farmington. By 1956 the congregation had outgrown their building and began the process of building a new place to worship. The current sanctuary was dedicated in October 1958. In 1983, the congregation added on the current education area and in 1998 the building was added onto to make every level of the building handicap accessible.
Trinity has remained faithful to the Word of God and to the Lutheran Confessions throughout these years. We continue to gather around God’s Word and Sacraments for worship each week. In worship, we believe that God comes to us and brings forgiveness, life, and salvation! We also have a strong emphasis on teaching God’s Word to all ages.